The Eagle, four Arabesque side panels, and five Decorative Urns surrounding four intimate views of the Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter originally made up Tiffany’s “Four Seasons” window. It was first exhibited at the Exposition Universelle of 1900 in Paris where Tiffany’s exhibit was awarded the Gold Medal. Incorporated into a circular design under the eagle’s right wing is “LCT”, while “FAVRILE”, also in a circular design is under the left. In 1905-06 Tiffany divides “The Four Seasons” and installs individual panels in Laurelton Hall, his home in Oyster Bay, Long Island.
This restored panel was exhibited in Louis Comfort Tiffany and Laurelton Hall—An Artist’s Country Estate at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC.
November 21, 2006–May 20, 2007