Below is a listing of the significant works completed and currently in progress by the VENTURELLA STUDIO. If you would like further information about any of the works listed below, feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 2009.02.25
The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, Winter Park, Florida
The VENTURELLA STUDIO is the Conservation Studio of choice for the Morse Museum’s extensive collection of Tiffany glass.
“Eggplants” & “Squash” 1879
These two windows for the George Kemp house were the first private residential commissions by Tiffany.
“Art Gallery Window” 1918
Restoration and reconfiguration of three stained glass windows, plus ornamental metal sculptural elements. This ensemble was prominently featured over the door to the Art Gallery at Louis Comfort Tiffany’s home “Laurelton Hall” at Oyster Bay, NY.
The Columbian Exposition of Chicago, 1893:
The Tiffany Chapel
- “Field of Lilies”
- “Christ Preaching to the Evangelists”
- “The Story of the Cross”
The Light Room
- “Feeding the Flamingoes”
Chapel of the Association for the Relief of Respectable Aged and Indigent Females:
- “Nixon Memorial Window”
- “McCorkle Memorial Window”
- “Dunning Memorial Window”
- “Innis Memorial Window”
- “Minton Memorial Window”
“The Four Seasons” exhibited at the Exposition Universalle in Paris and Grafton Galleries in London, 1900. Later used in the loggia of Laurelton Hall, Oyster Bay, NY:
- “Four Ornamental Side Panels”
Additional restored windows and glass objects from the Morse collection:
- “Color Wheels” from the Fountain Court, Laurelton Hall, Oyster Bay, NY
- “Symbolic (Zen)” window
- “Chestnut” Lamp Pattern Sample
- Study for “The Entombment”
- “Head of Joseph of Arimathea”, Study Panel
- “Landscape with Peacock and Peonies”
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Cloisters, New York, NY
- All new leaded glass in the newly renovated Early Gothic Galleries
- New leaded glass and painted replications of medieval glass for Langon Chapel
- “Six Standing Saints Above Predella Panels” 1440-1446:
Redesign installation of six windows from the Carmelite Convent Church at Boppard on Rhine, Germany.
- “The Circumcision”, “The Adoration of the Magi”
Redesign installation of two Burgos panels for inclusion in the Boppard galleries.
- Restoration of fifteen medieval stained glass windows and fragments for installation into the new Early Gothic Galleries at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City
- “The Luminous Image: Painted Glass Roundels in the Lowlands, 1480-1560”
Design and fabrication of 39 leaded glass diamond- lite panels into which were set 70 pieces of art from various museum collections around the world. The first roundel exhibition of its kind in the United States.
- “Firescreen” John La Farge, 1887
- Design, fabrication, and installation of three bays of leaded glass for newly designed Early
Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, Taliesin West, Scottsdale, Arizona
“Hanging Chandelier” 1902-1905
Restoration to one of four chandeliers designed and fabricated by Frank Lloyd Wright for the William R. Heath House, Buffalo, NY.
“Dining Room Cabinet Window”
Restoration of a brass came, clear, and iridized glass panel for a built in side-board cabinet in the dining room of the Susan Lawrence Dana House, Springfield, Illinois, 1903.
First Presbyterian Church of Lockport, New York
- Restoration of the Pomroy Memorial window “Christ & the Pilgrims”, Tiffany Glass and Decorating Co., 1896
- Restoration of the Adriance Memorial window “Resurrection Morning”, Tiffany Glass and Decorating Co., 1901
The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens, San Marino, CA
- Restoration of “Thistle” window by George Maher for the James A. Patten House, Chicago, Ill 1901
Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Newly designed and fabricated 96 sq. ft. ornamental skylight
- “Le Jardin”, 1895 Louis Comfort Tiffany after a cartoon by Ker-Xavier Roussel for Siegfried
Bing’s Galerie de l’Art Nouveau, Paris
- “Beebe Memorial Window”, Tiffany Studios 1918
Formerly property of the YWCA of the City of New York. This large twelve sectioned window was removed from its original location in NYC in 1999. This window was completely restored and a new steel framing unit was designed and fabricated for installation at the new location.
The Richard H. Driehaus Art Collection, Chicago, Illinois
- “The Birth of Aphrodite”, 2 pair
- “The Chariot of Thetis”, 1 panel
Five verre eglomisé panels by Jean Dupas for the Grande Salon of the ocean liner “Normandie” 1935. One panel was broken into five sections. Conservation treatment included edge gluing, the duplicating of missing paint, and metal leafing to match original artwork. Backing fabric to all panels was re-attached. Panels were cleaned on the interior and exterior surfaces.
- “Theodorus Bailey Murrs Mason Memorial Window”, Pan-American Exposition 1901
Tiffany Glass and Decorating Company
- “Cloud Window With Jeweled Border”, Tiffany Studios 1920
Westmoreland Museum Of American Art, Greensburg, PA
- “The Thomas Lynch Window” Tiffany Studios, 1905
The Davenport Museum of Art, Davenport, Iowa Denkmann Mausoleum, Rock Island, Ill.
“River of Life”, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company, New York
This window was stolen from the Denkmann mausoleum in Rock Island, Illinois, later recovered and returned to the family by the FBI in 1976. It was donated to the Davenport Museum of Art where it is on permanent exhibition. The window was restored, cleaned, and set into a new frame making it ready for exhibition.
Portsmouth Abbey, Portsmouth, Rhode Island
First Presbyterian Church, Lake Forest, Illinois
- “The Guardian Angel” Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company 1897
- “Faith” Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company 1896
- “Christ and The Pilgrims” Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company 1897
These three windows, each 234” h. x 78” w., are single lancet multi-layered windows. Each was removed, completely releaded, and reinstalled. Each window had problems unique to each one.
St. James’ Episcopal Church, New York City
West Rose: Henry Wynd Young 1924
A 15′ diameter rose consisting of twelve petals, thirteen quatrefoils plus ornamental kites.
North Transept: “The Annunciation” and “Adoration of the Magi”.
Possibly Heaton, Butler, & Bayne, London & New York.
“Ward Memorial Window”
Tiffany Studios, New York
“Stanton Memorial Window”
Tiffany Studios, New York
“And In The Morn Those Angel Faces Smile”
Tiffany Studios, New York
Congregation B’nai Jacob, Charleston, West Virginia
- Fabrication of three stained glass windows designed by artist David Pushkin. Techniques included copperfoil, acid etching, painting, jewels, and multi-layered plating.
The Forbes Magazine Collection
The New York Clearing House, New York City
- “Ornamental Window” Tiffany Glass and Decorating Company, 1893
Grace Episcopal Church, New Bedford, MA
First Parish Church, Taunton, MA
I.S. 88 Manhattan, New York City
Jesse Frances Smith Ford window, D’Ascenzo Studio, Philadelphia PA 1917
“Lydia Waldeigh Window”, Louis Lederle Studios, NY 1909
“Goethe and Hugo” Windows, Gorham Co., NY 1907-08
These three windows were removed, completely releaded, and reinstalled.
Domino’s Farms Collection, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Manchester By The Sea, MA
Sturgis and Mcolloh Memorial Windows, John La Farge 1882
House of Representatives, State Capitol, Harrisburg, PA
- “Bridge Building”
- “Steel and Iron”
- “Steam Engineering”
Allegorical Figure Windows, William Brantley Van Ingen, 1904
An ensemble of 4’ diameter windows with life sized allegorical figures representing aspects of life in Pennsylvania.
Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal, Montréal Canada
Restoration of a thirteen inch diameter 14th century Austrian roundel in the museum’s permanent collection. Treatment included edge gluing, copper foiling, and newly painted glass to replace previous poor repairs.